Pages

Friday, January 14, 2011

Creature Comforts...On Ice!

Amanda, one of my fave customers (she consistently has the best ideas for cakes) outdid herself once again.  For her mother's birthday, she wanted a "Creature Comforts on ice" cake!  Now, I don't know if I've talked about this here before but I loooove Creature Comforts.  Before Wallace and Gromit, Nick Park made Creature Comforts, a series of claymation shorts that involve animals in a zoo describing their experiences there.  It was a big part of my childhood (they reran it on Nickelodeon all the time) and when Amanda asked me to make combine the little guys from CC with a winter wonderland theme, I was more than happy to!








Above you can see: the candy lake I made for the poor little penguin to wipe out on, a little tree for a bird to hide behind while he throws his snowballs, a fun sheep making snow angels, another penguin blowing out the candle on his birthday cake and a bear dressed up as a snowman!

1 comment:

Thea said...

Wow! The ice on that one is amazing. How did you get it so sparkly?