Pages

Monday, May 31, 2010

My Bday! Cookies, Favors & Unfinished Cake

So la di da!  I turned 30 in April.  I bet you thought I was like totally ageless, cause in the logo, which if you did not know is literally a picture of me, I look very young.  Well it is a fact, time marches on.  But that's ok, because I love birthdays!

For my birthday this year, I went to my father's house in NJ...he is surrounded by lovely nature and has a great deck, so it was perfect for a relaxed girl's weekend.  I gave everyone goodie bags and in them I put:

1.  Home made MASH cards (remember that game?  Mansion - Apartment - Shack - House?  Love it)
2.  New Jersey cookies with a little edible heart shaped sprinkle
3.  Glow stick bracelets
4.  Fear Street book by R.L. Stine.  Did anyone read these growing up?  I LOVED them when I was in middle school, I thought they were so scary!
5.  A mix cd for people to listen to on the way to Jersey
6.  Personalized M&Ms that were given to my by a friend...with my picture on them : )
7.  Home made fortune tellers

Below you can see some pics of the goodie bags, the goodies, and then...the unfrosted cake.  Can you believe I made a heart shaped coconut cake for myself, with fluffy frosting and lovely toasted coconut, and then forgot to take a picture of the final product!  Ugh.  Oh well.  It was my birthday, I can be lazy about taking cake pics if I want to.



 




2 comments:

Jessie said...

I don't have a picture but I can tell you the coconut cake was SO AMAZING! Like really one of the best cakes I have ever had and I am not a cake person. I can't believe I was the lucky recipient of one these goodie bags. You really took it to another level, lady!

Hillary said...

I can attest that both the New Jersey cookies and the coconut cake were AMAZING! The coconut cake was mindblowingly delicious and I know this because I ate a lot of it. The whole birthday extravaganza was the best!