Pages

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Twilight and New Moon Cakes!

I am excited for this post! This past weekend I made cakes for two lovely ladies who heart all things Twilight (as do I...who can resist?). I was given free reign so I decided to dedicate one to the Cullen Family (their cake has the Cullen Crest, and, you can't see it in the pictures, but the blue SPARKLES!) and one dedicated to the Quileute wolf pack from New Moon. As you can see, the Twilight Cake has the lovely blues and silvers of Catherine Hardwicke's movie, and the New Moon cake is warmer, with earth tones and a gold moon, like in Chris Weitz's take on Stephenie Meyer's awesome books.

Twilight cake was red velvet, New Moon cake was vanilla butter cake with chocolate cinnamon buttercream.


I wonder which cake New Moon Bella would choose? : )

14 comments:

Thea said...

These are so amazing! The colors are subtle and lovely.

KnenniG said...

These are awesome!

Anonymous said...

I would like to eat an Edward cake LOL!!

Hillary said...

I was one of the lucky birthday girlies who celebrated with these cakes, and they were SO delicious! The Cullen Crest cake almost made me tear up because it was so beautiful! It SPARKLED in real life!!!!

J. Woodbury said...

Being a straight man I can not appreciate Edward's beauty, but I can appreciate cake beauty while maintaining my masculinity. These are amazing!!!

Anonymous said...

Team Jacob! LOL! I love the wolf and moon, great job!

Nancy said...

Awesome cakes!

Erin said...

Kick ass!

Anonymous said...

AMAZING! Someone either emailed us (i think one of the friends you made the cake for?) or left a comment w/ a link to the pictures- ah-ma-zing!!!!! and they look delicious!

pamela said...

wow that is so awesome! very talented! It's like you almost dont want to eat it!

Anonymous said...

I love the Cullen Cake. Very Pretty. I wish i cud have one like dat for my birthday!

Unknown said...

I am the other lucky birthday gal, and I must say that the cakes looked SO amazing and tasted SO delicious! Oooo, a Cullen cake that sparkles!! What more could a girl ask for on her birthday?

Anonymous said...

Great job, I love them! I would definitely choose the Cullen crest for my birthday!

Little Lovables said...

they are both amazing!