Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

2009 Brooklyn Kitchen Cupcake Cookoff

I'm so excited!  Yesterday I, along with almost 60 others (according to the lovely folks at Brooklyn Kitchen) entered the Cupcake Cookoff which took place at Union Pool.  There were lots of amazing cupcakes, and of the four prizes awarded by the judges (Exotic Flavor, Simple Flavor, Exotic Decoration, Simple Decoration) I won for Simple Decoration!  I got a totally sweet cupcake carrier along with some very pretty sanding sugars and other little decorating items from their store.  The event was fun, relaxed and it was so nice to meet and greet with some of my fellow Brooklyn bakers.

Here are pics of some of my cupcakes (vanilla cake with fresh strawberry frosting), along with a picture of one of my little birds that made it's way to my voting slot.  I have also included a picture of the sweet sign my man made for me when I was assigned my number (I live close to Union Pool so he was able to run home and make it real quick for me).  Thanks to the judges, and to all my awesome buds who came out and supported me!  Yay cupcake!

7 comments:

kristina said...

Your cupcakes were adorable! I'm glad you won!! :)

J. Woodbury said...

genius! a well deserved victory

BJN said...

So proud. So loud. Rock on.

tal said...

yay! i knew it!! now carry some cupcakes to my apartment!

Unknown said...

so cool!

jbeach said...

These are absolutely stunning! Love them!!

Coco Cake Land said...

heehee!!! very cute cupcakes!